23 November 2013

Coats in time for Christmas!

Today, I spent a few hours sorting through children's coats at a storage depot, for the Wrap Up London campaign. It was amazing to see how many people had donated coats - both for children and adults, and I was glad to think that some people who did not have coats will now have them over the cold winter months. These coats will be distributed to homeless shelters, refugee centres, and other charities, which have partnered with Wrap Up London.

Sorting through some of the coats


This is just a short post, to keep up with the NaBloPoMo challenge of blogging each day, throughout November! I have a work deadline for Monday, and I am also arranging things for a charity stall, but I will try to write some longer posts soon! Earlier this month, I wrote some posts about the Wrap Up London campaign, and also about what matters at Christmas. Another NaBloPoMo blogger had inspired me to write about Christmas! Today really reminded me of this, as it was great to see the spirit of giving - both in the way that so many people had donated coats, and also because people were volunteering their time to sort through those coats. I am really glad to know people who truly care about others, and who will go out of their way to help them!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great turnout. That's the kind of busywork that makes you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And you're right - I think everyone who was helping felt good about it, and was glad they could be there and take part.

      Delete
  2. Wrap Up London sounds like a wonderful cause. So nice to see people who care and take the time to help others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Wrap Up London is a really good cause. Hopefully there are similar projects in other cities too. It was really nice to see that there are people who do care and who do take the time to help :)

      Delete